101 S Main Street 3rd Floor
New Castle, IN 47362
Tuesday through Thursday
7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Office is closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Property Assessment Records Search
- Click on the following site and search records by tax id number, parcel number, owner name, and property address.
The Primary Functions of the County Assessor's Office:
- Assessment of Real and Personal Property for the 13 Townships
- Real Estate and Personal Property Appeals
- Calculate Inheritance Tax
The County Assessor identifies, lists and calculates the assessed value of all Real and Personal property. In general, the County Assessor performs the following duties:
- Oversees the General Reassessment process
- Serves as Member/Secretary of the County Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals
- Insures countywide uniform Property Assessment Equalization
- Acts as the Inheritance Tax Appraiser and represents the Inheritance Tax Division
- Discovers and identifies omitted property
- Calculates the assessed value of all real property in each taxing district
- Verifies and reviews the self reported values of all personal property in each taxing district
- Calculates the total assessed value of each taxing district
- Certifies current Assessments to the County Auditor's Office
- Utilizes recent sales of land (Sales Disclosures) to establish base market rates and values in each neighborhood, adjusts base values for location, nearness to amenities and other influence factors
- Is responsible for the selection of Assessment Software and Computer Systems
Property Tax Assessment - Real & Personal Property
- Real Property is assessed on March 1st of each year. -Personal Property is based on property owned March 1st. Forms filed annually by May 15th.
- All DLGF Forms
- Appeals Process Forms
- Assessment Forms
- Deduction Forms
- Exemption (Real Property) Forms
- Personal Property Forms
- Utility Forms
- Other DLGF Forms