Patricia A French, County Auditor
101 S Main Street
New Castle, IN 47362
Fax: (765) 521-7073
Tuesday through Thursday
7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
1. You must be a resident of the State of Indiana and only one mortgage deduction is allowed.
2. Mortgage balance must be over $3,000 to get full deduction.
3. If balance is less that $3,000, current balance will be allowed.
4. The mortgage must be recorded in the Henry County Recorders office.
5. Can be combined with all other deductions.
1. You must live in the property on March 1st of the year in which you file and it must be your principal place of residence.
2. 45,000 deduction from assessed value or ½ of total residential assessed value (whichever is less).
3. Can be combined with all other deductions.
OVER 65 DEDUCTIONS
1. You must be 65 prior to January 1, of the year in which you file.
2. Your assessment cannot be over 182,430.
3. Your adjusted gross income cannot be over 25,000 (jointly) DOES NOT INCLUDE NON-TAXABLE Social Security.
4. If you file federal or state income tax return, we must have a current copy.
5. Maximum amount of deduction is 12,480.
6. Can only be combined with Mortgage and Homestead deductions.